I have a 10-hour Graduate Research Assistant position available in 2021 spring (for UT students only). The project will examine bias and social stereotypes in the nonprofit sector using computational methods. Publication and authorship are possible depending on contribution. The successful applicant is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Use Python as a primary coding language.
- Familiar with web crawling and markup languages (e.g., XML and HTML).
- Proficient in natural language processing, contextual word embedding (e.g., BERT) in particular.
- Know how to examine and process bias in word embeddings (e.g., https://arxiv.org/abs/1607.06520 ).
- Knowledge in sociology or psychology is a plus.
Please send your 1) CV, 2) a letter stating your qualifications (300 words max), 3) source codes of your project meeting the qualifications, to [email protected]
Application deadline: 2021-01-10