This page will change to a live-streaming website before event. The information below is for your reference.
2023 Spring (call for working paper). The last Thursday morning of each month, all in Beijing time. Depending on the time difference between speakers and discussants, specific time may vary.
Getting Rich But Not Giving? Exploring the Mechanisms Impeding Charitable Giving in China (2/23, 10-11am Beijing time)
Motivations of Cross-Sector Collaboration: A Mixed-Method Study from Resource Dependency, Transaction Cost and Institutional Perspectives (6/29, Thursday, 10-11am, Beijing time)
- What is this website?
This website is made with an open-source live-streaming service, Owncast. All the data is hosted on the organizers’ own server.
- Why the URL in the address bar is an IP address?
This webinar series strives to introduce the domestic insights from Chinese scholars. However, Chinese live-streaming services and internet traffic are frequently censored or blocked. Therefore, we established this self-hosted live-streaming website to minimize the technical barrier. Any URLs can be easily blocked in China, our current solution is to use
https://scnvs.org to redirect visitors to an IP that is accessible in China. When the IP is blocked, we can simply change the IP. Through this arrangement, the URL is less likely to be blocked, but we encourage you to sign up our email list here to receive the latest information.
- Do I need to sign up or log in to join the discussion on this website?
No. You can join the discussion as a visitor when it is live-streaming. But the discussion is moderated to prevent Zoombombing. Please be constructive.
- Mark Sidel, Doyle-Bascom Professor of Law and Public Affairs, Law School, the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Ji Ma, Assistant Professor in Nonprofit and Philanthropic Studies, LBJ School of Public Affairs, the University of Texas at Austin.
- The seminar series is also supported by the organizers’ home institutions, and the Emerging Scholars on Chinese Nonprofit Research (a Common Interest Group of ARNOVA).